BY DOMINIQUE YOUNGBLOOD
Here it is – the best fitness events coming to the DMV this summer! This is a great way to get out and be active in this beautiful sun. These events are all cheap, and sometimes even free. Grab a friend, grab a partner and get those bodies right.
- Here’s a free event for the ladies! Go ahead and get your cute tanks and spanks out for the Women’s Health and Fitness Expo. This is not only an opportunity to learn new exercises, but also a great networking opportunity. The expo will be filled with health screenings, nutrition workshops, demos, shopping, personal trainers, and a lot more. Of course, this is not an event we can show up to in our pumps, but we can still make a statement. I am always looking for new fun classes to take. Meet me there! Free registry here!
- There’s no event that’s more powerful or inspiring for just five bucks than the “Nurture your W.E.A.L.T.H.” Health & Wellness Dance Expo. This event is also for the ladies, and is perfect for getting tips on how to manage and balance your personal life with your fitness life; It IS possible! Ladies, this event is on Mother’s Day Weekend, so this is the perfect idea for an outing with your mom. This is not about intense workouts! For Zumba, Hip Hop, Dancehall, African, Belly Dancing, GoGo and Line Dancing in a fun atmosphere, you can’t beat this event! $5 registry here!
- Here is an event for the fitness and music lovers out there! Add some spice and rhythm to your fitness routines. Learn about all dance classes, exercises, and new moves. You can even meet some dance groups and network. Silver Spring Health and Wellness Expo at The Dance Fitness Festival will be a load of fun. There will be raffle drawings for prizes – and this event is totally in our budget at just five bucks a ticket! $5 registry here!
- Here’s a free event for the whole family. Bring your kids, friends, parents, grandparents and anyone else you know who’s ever wanted to live a healthier lifestyle! Staying on top of our health is extremely important. We must know our bodies and stay on top of our health care needs. This comes before fitness! Come check out healthcare professionals, practitioners, fitness gurus, and health service providers at The PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY Family, Health, and Home EXPO! Free registration here!
- Ladies, here’s a Zumbathon you don’t want to miss! The Positive Sisterhood 6th Annual Zumbathon in Capitol Heights, MD will have health screenings, Zumba Demos, Cardio Fitness Demos, Chair Dancing Demos, Mixxedfit Demos, and personal training info. Of course, there will be great music as well! Come ready to break a sweat! $15 early bird registration here!
Take advantage of these wallet friendly events this summer. Being broke is no excuse not stay on top of your health and stay fit. None of these events require expensive membership or contracts. Plus, this is a great way to network with fitness lovers in our area! Get out and have some fun!